Wedding dress shopping is one of the most magical and stressful parts a bride has to plan for. When shopping for the right dress many key factors come into play. Style, color, size, accents, budget, alterations, and the list of things to think about keep going.
The most important factor is how the dress makes a blushing bride feel when she puts it on. My wedding dress was even more of a challenge, I wanted something with color. After photographing weddings for 11 years, I knew my dress had to be different and reflect me and my fiance too.
|Special features of blushing bride Ashley's dress, pockets!|
After 6 months of looking and trying and discouragement and days wasted on just not right, I finally found it. . . The perfect dress. It twirls just right, fits just right (NO Alterations needed!!!!!), and was well within my budget, which ladies... this means... I get to splurge on my accessories! So the question every new bride to be planning her wedding asks, "How and when did you know the dress was THE dress?". I've asked past and future Lady In Pink Photography brides the same question. They just simply knew. My "know moment" was when I twirled. As soon as I finished the twirl, I knew the jewelry and accessories I would need to find, and hair style that would work with the dress. I could picture how I would look with everything put together too.
|Special feature of blushing bride Charlotte's wedding dress, orange sash sewn on by mother and sister of bride and Grooms cape worn by Charlotte down the isle. |
Some of the best features our brides have raved about their wedding dresses; pockets, bustles, detachable train, built in corset/bra, cleaning service provided by the bridal store post wedding, the alterations made to make it perfect, and the compliments they received during the wedding day.
|Special feature of blushing bride Chyann's wedding dress, she wore the color blue!|
To help make finding your dress easy, here are some of Lady In Pink Photography favorite locations in Lee County to find the perfect fit.
|Special feature of blushing bride Chelsie's wedding dress,intricate bead-work, slit up front, and corset top.|
- every style and color for each unique bride. Should have an appointment, but they do accept walk ins. Love working with the staff. (Ps. they have mirrors EVERYWHERE!)
For the Bride
|Special feature of blushing bride Janelle's wedding dress, |
found at a second hand thrift store and had altered to perfection.
- caters towards making the bride feel special and beautiful. Designer gowns. Must have an appointment to try on wedding gowns. We had a blast!
Saks Fifth Avenue Bell Tower Shops
- Jimmy was amazing to help find the most unique and beautiful designs on the floor. He also took my information to let me know when new designs came in, he has sent me handfuls of e-mails with new arrivals. I felt like a princess with my own personally dress shopper. Great place to find brides-maid and mother attire.
Goodwill Boutique Downtown Fort Myers
- They are always getting in wedding dresses. Some antique, some modern. Every time we went in they had something new. We found a close runner up there, it was 4 sizes too big and could have been altered down.
Neiman Marcus Last Call Mirimar Outlets
- This is where we found THE DRESS! It was so magical too! The staff members were helpful and happy to be there. The dresses were simply elegant! I had my 2 junior bridesmaids pick out 6 beautiful dresses. Each one had to be unique and different from the other, the girls were a joy to listen babble about how each dress looked. The thing about 9 and 10 year old ladies, they are honest! They would make faces at the bad dresses and oooooh and awwwwwww over the best ones. They crossed fingers to hope "This dress is the one!". In the end, Neiman and Marcus had the perfect fit, find, and flair for me. It's all in the twirl.
We're curious at the Lady In Pink Photography headquarters to where you found your wedding dress. Leave a comment with a photo of you in your wedding dress, where you got it, and WHY you loved your dress too. Happy posting.
|Special feature to blushing bride Rebekah's wedding dress, bustled easily to make the perfect dress for an outdoor celebration and dancing after a rainstorm. |