Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Event Planning 101: The reception - Dance songs

Music is so important!  Music sets the mood, music keeps people active, and music can slow you down too.  When looking for the perfect songs for a wedding reception think about who is going to be there.  Where the event is located.  Also consider well in advance what song to choose for special dances.  Make sure to REMEMBER to speak to your DJ about which songs are special ones and why.  

Lady In Pink Photography second photographer, Charlotte Dugan, during her first dance as husband and wife.

Right now, I've been on the hunt for music of all kinds.  To keep everything in one place, I've been using a Spotify account with folders for each category.  Today... wedding playlist.  The father daughter song has stumped me.  My fiance and I have already chosen the song to dance to during our first dance as Mr. and Mrs. I had a few songs picked out, Mr. Knerd in Shining Armour dismissed all suggestions on my list when he saw the Elvis song.  He wouldn't even bother hearing the other songs.  To be honest, it was adorable!  


Here is the list of songs for our first dance that I had chosen:
Come To Me performed by the Goo Goo Dolls
Home performed by Phillip Phillips
The Way I Am performed by Ingrid Michaelson
Rhythm Of Love performed by Plain White T's
Can't Help Falling in Love performed by Elvis Presley  
Radiant Diamonds performed by NEEDTOBREATHE

Thomas Dugan, my father as St. Nicolas
Father daughter dances are special, little girls look up to their daddies no matter how old.  I admire my father very much, he makes me laugh, he has helped me build a business, and he also makes an amazing St. Nicolas!  He really is my dream daddy, last year he came jingling and ring-a-ling into our house on Christmas Eve donned in his St. Nicolas costume all the while "Ho Ho Ho"ing away.   I felt 6 years old again and there was a Christmas magic flowing in and out and around our family.  We finished our evening with St. Nicolas reading The Night Before Christmas, an original copy from his childhood.

Here are a list of my top favorite father daughter dance songs:
Father And Daughter performed by Paul Simon
I Loved Her First performed by Heartland
Butterfly Kisses performed by Bob Carlisle
Somewhere Over The Rainbow performed by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole
Red Robin performed by Clark Richard


I know my dad has a list of songs he'll want me to hear before we make our dance choice.  Can't wait to hear what we'll dance to.  

Leave a comment with your father daughter dance song, maybe you'll help us make a choice or even someone else in need of the perfect song.

1 comment:

  1. I love Lakes Park! It would be beautiful for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog